GRAMMAR AN D VOCABULARY OF QUESTION SET 11
4.Write the correct alternatives
She was playing (played/was playing/had played) the violin inside the room when we opened (would open/opened/had opened) the door and asked(shall ask/asked/would ask) her to continue.
5.A.Fill in the blanks with appropriate articles and prepositions
We stopped for lunch in a small restaurant not far from the town.
B.Do as directed
(i)I was bringing the kite from the house. [Change the voice]
- Ans- The kite was being brought from the house by
- (ii)The cat puts in an appearance to get his share. [Use the verb form of appearance]
- Ans- The cat appears to get it
- (iii)“I have not done my homework, Sir”, Swami said. [Change the mode of narration]
- Ans-Swami told the teacher that he had not done his
C.Choose the correct phrasal verb
(i)I shall enquire into the matter. I shall look into into the matter (ii)The child resembles its father. The child takes after its father.
(iii)Lay aside something for future days. Put by something for future days.
(i)To control something undesirable– curb (ii)Arranged the part of something– configured (iii)A special mark of honour– distinction (iv)The sound of a car horn– honking
Click here to download the Pdf